Family Tree Maker Essentials 2012
At a Glance...
- Discover your family history and preserve it for generations to come
- Includes one month of access* to Ancestry.com, the world's largest online family history resource--locate ancestors in over 5 billion immigration, marriage, military, census records and more
- Sync desktop and online Ancestry.com trees together with TreeSync, then keep your tree up-to-date from wherever you are
- Enhance family tree with charts, reports, photos, audio, video, and more
- View family history timelines and interactive maps
- Quick Start Guide--learn to develop your family tree and personalize it quickly and easily
Family Tree Maker Essentials 2012
Discover Your Family Story
Family Tree Maker 2012 Essentials makes it easy to discover your family history. With a one-month membership to Ancestry.com included, you'll have FREE access to 5 billion U.S. historical records, photos, news stories and other family trees. Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world.
What's New in Family Tree Maker 2012 Essentials?
- NEW: Get started quickly with an enhanced, easy-to-use interface
- NEW: Build your tree more easily with upgraded help topics and video tutorials
- NEW: Print more informative family trees by including generation labels & text boxes
- NEW: Easily sync your desktop tree with your Ancestry.com tree
- NEW: Update and share your tree from any Internet connection with TreeSync
- NEW: View combined families, including step families & adoptees, at a glance
We Make It Easy For You
- Start your family tree by entering what you know
- Hints may appear next to family members after Ancestry.com searches billions of historical records automatically
- Share with friends and family using TreeSync
- Create Smart Stories automatically with improved content generation and editing options
- Create and print many types of charts and reports
Follow the Hints
Easily sync desktop and online Ancestry.com trees.
Just enter what you know into your family tree. Hints (green leaf icons) will soon appear, linking you to historical records and other family trees that might hold answers about your ancestors.
- Sync desktop and online Ancestry.com trees
- Keep your tree up-to-date wherever you are
Build your tree using Family Tree Maker and upload it to Ancestry.com. Whether you're working online or on your desktop, you can always keep your trees in sync with just the click of a button. (Even update your tree using our FREE iPhone and iPad app!**) Share your tree with other family members and choose who can view and update it.
Relationship Calculator can display multiple relationships for an individual.
The Relationship Calculator has the ability to display multiple relationships for an individual. The first relationship displayed is the closest relationship. You can also display a path that shows how individuals are related.
Easily create Smart Stories by dragging text and photos to the page--the story automatically updates.
Write Smart Stories in two easy steps using improved page designs and templates. Just drag and drop facts from your tree to the Smart Stories page. Each time you edit your tree, stories update automatically.
Print keepsake family books, calendars and more.
Create and Share
With Family Tree Maker, you can preserve your family legacy and share your unique heritage.
- Create charts and reports in a variety of new formats
- Make slideshows from the images in your tree
- Print keepsake family books, calendars and more from professionally designed templates
- Share family trees online with family and friends
- Collaborate with family members on your tree or on theirs
View and share charts and reports (improved).
Charts & Reports (Improved)
View and share your tree from different perspectives--by location, migration path, family name, birthdays and more.
Helpful Extras Included
This version of Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker includes helpful extras. If you need help, view the NEW video tutorials, reference the Quick Start Guide or call the live U.S.-based customer support.
One-Month of Free Access to Ancestry.com
Access over 5 billion U.S. records on the largest family history website.
Family Tree Make Quick Start Guide
Learn Family Tree Maker's most popular features with quick lessons that make research fast and fun.
* U.S. membership term begins upon Family Tree Maker registration and activation of Ancestry.com subscription. A valid credit card is required to begin your Ancestry.com membership though you won't be billed unless you let your subscription automatically renew when the free one month has ended.
**Requires software download from iTunes.